- Bologna has no checkpoints.
- Passengers drop off is in Piazza Malpighi, which can be reached following an authorized itinerary. Coaches can stop in Piazza Malpighi for maximum 15 minutes.
How to reach Piazza Malpighi?
- Coming from the “tangenziale”, take exit N°7, via Stalingrado, then via Angelo Masini, pass the railways station (stazione FS), take left in Via Amendola, Rotonda dei Martiri, Via Marconi, eventually Piazza Malpighi (please follow the map below).
- From Piazza Malpighi you can easily reach Piazza Maggiore on foot in 5 minutes.
- Coaches can park in the Autostazione (bus station) near Piazza XX Settembre, for costs and information please look at http://www.autostazionebo.it/
- Most of the churches are closed between 12:30 and 15:30 circa, the opening hours can vary according to the season.
- In order to enter the Basilica of S.Petronio groups with over 7 people are required to use headphones (VOX system). If the groups is not equipped with their own, it is possible to rent them (advanced booking required). Rental cost is 1,50 EUR per person (cash) and the headphones can be used during the whole guided tour of the city.
- No pictures in the Basilica of San Petronio.
- The Archiginnasio (first site of the University) is open from Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 18:00, Saturdays from 10:00 to 19:00, Sundays and Holidays from 10:00 to 14:00. Entrance ticket for the anatomical theatre is 3 EUR.